Six years ago I celebrated the best Thanksgiving ever! That's the day we welcomed our little Butterball Turkey into the world. We named her Macy and every year a big parade is thrown in New York City on Thanksgiving in her honor! What a blessing Macy has been in my life. Six years has gone by as quick as a wink. Here are 6 things I love about my little turkey:
1. Art. Every day I am given many hand drawn and colored pictures. Macy loves to color and draw and we are never without beautiful artwork hanging around our house.
2. Patience. Oh how envious I am of Macy's patience. I seems like she has a keen perspective on life.
3. Competitiveness. It's almost impossible for Bryan and I to create a child that isn't at least a little competitive. Macy inherited our competitiveness, case in point: On Easter of this year our neighbor boy who is 1 year younger than Macy got a bike and never had to use training wheels (something Macy could not do yet). Not soon after the holiday Macy and I were walking home from school when our neighbor boy zoomed past us on his bike. Macy put her hands on her hips, looked up and me, and said, "Isn't he 4?" I replied yes and she then said "if a 4-year old can ride a two-wheeler then so can I." She marched into the garage, got on her bike, and took off riding.
4. Dance. I can't mention Macy without mentioning dance. Ever since she was tiny she has loved to dance. Unlike her competitiveness I don't know where she got her love and ability for dance!
5. Kindness. Kindness and Macy go hand in hand. She is truly a very kind person and people sense her kindness even as an infant people old and young have been drawn to her. I think one reason is because of her sweet heart.
6. Faith. Macy has faith in a higher being and she very much believes in prayer.
Here are some pictures of Macy from 2011:
Yup she picked it up too!
Party time!
I love my Macy!
3 comments:
Loved this! We love her, she is so sweet!
I didn't know that she was born on thanksgiving that is so awesome. I love that you named her Macy that is great that she ahs a personal parade every year what an incredible celebration. You are so sweet to think of all the things you love about her.
You guys are competitive?
Post a Comment