Monday, August 10, 2009
Discoveries
Have you ever made a decision and then down the road have questioned it? That’s been me lately, questioning, wondering, pondering, and then today came. I was trying to get some work done on the computer with both of my daughters on my lap. Shilo was pounding on the keyboard and Macy was asking non-stop questions. With all of the confusion and lack of accomplishment I realized that this is exactly what I want, my girls on my lap. Being a stay-at-home mom is hard, financially, emotionally, sometimes even socially but it’s worth it. We’re not rolling in the money, I probably won’t get my Corvette but what I have is worth more. Unsolicited “I love you mommy”, good morning hugs, consoling a crying baby, trusting my husband to be the man that he is, all combined with a lot of laughter is what makes me truly happy. Today I took a step back, exited the rat race of life, and found a little more peace and contentment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light,not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so other people won't feel insecure around you. We are born to manifest God's glory within us. It's not just in some of us: it's in everyone." Nelson Mandela
6 comments:
Thanks for posting that! After a day filled with "mommy guilt",feeling that I'm not doing a good job, it is exactly what I needed to hear.
Well put.I love ya Sis!
Very true! Thanks for sharing!! I lose my focus so many times, but every once in a while I realize there is no where I rather be than home with my kids. :) Very well written.
Jess I was having that EXACT thought about 20 minutes ago. I am so blessed to have two healthy, happy boys and a wonderful husband and friend. It's always nice to be reminded of that especially when it gets hard!
Couldn't have said it better!!! Thanks for sharing!!! We missed you Friday BTW!
Jess, you are awesome! I need to have more moments like that in my life. Your last posts pictures are so cute. Little Macey looks so much like your family, it is crazy! It looks like you had so much fun and I am glad that you were able to have a vacation.
Post a Comment